Mental Math Quiz
“Date: 18th December 2021, Saturday
Timings: 9.00 to 12.00 PM
Venue: Online Synchronous – Google meet.
Number of Students participated: Grade 1 to 5 (All students)
Write up on the activity
1. Mental math is a group of skills that allow people to do math “in their head” without using pencil and paper or a calculator.
2. The individual time slot was allotted to each student.
3. There were 4 rounds with 1 question each
Round 1: Patterns
Round 2: Identify the fraction
Round 3: Time, Data handling
Round 4: logical thinking
The objective of the activity:
1. Mental math actually keeps our brains quick and sharp. It can help kids understand math concepts better and get to the answer faster.
2. Mental math also greatly improves a person’s number sense.
3. To encourage students to do simple mental computations without the help of paper and pencil.”